Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What are you doing to make your classroom a better place? Afterall we practically live there now.

I love the whole "homey" atmosphere for my kids. After a few weeks of feeling like I was sitting in a jail cell (my kids felt the same way), I realized that it was "ok" to bring some extra lighting and curtains and pictures to my classroom. I went all out and overdid it with the music and ceiling art, but it's my first year. I'll get it right next time. My kids walked in class after one weekend and were shocked. "It's just like walking right back into kindergarten, Miss Amy." said one of my kids. "You're absolutely right," I replied. And I really felt that way too when she said it. How was I supposed to know that my eighth graders would feel a little old for fish and peace sign curtains? I thought that stuff was cool? Oh well... Maybe I'll decorate in leopard print next year... Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment